Periodically, the Oregon State Forestry Department reviews and updates their rules. This time, the update includes the following changes that affect us:
629-050-0050 – Designated Recreation Areas, Item 9:
A Person may not engage in nudity in a Designated Recreation Area.
629-025-0005 – Definitions, Item 17:
“Nudity” means uncovered, or less than opaquely covered, post-pubertal human genitals, pubic areas, rectal areas, the post-pubertal human female breast below a point immediately above the top of the areola, or the covered human male genitals in a discernibly turgid state. For purposes of this definition, a female breast is considered uncovered if the nipple only or the nipple and areola only are covered.
What can I do?
The process requires feedback from the public—that’s us. You can provide feedback by sending a letter in one of these ways:
Deadline: February 8, 2015 @ 5:00 pm
Deadline: February 5, 2015 (provides time for mail delivery)
Justin Butteris, State Forests Policy Analyst
Oregon Department of Forestry
2600 State Street Building D
Salem, OR 97310
If you write a letter, consider the following:
- Limit your comments to only the nudity issues. The changes to the rules are extensive and cover many areas. Including comments on other changes will confuse and dilute your message. If you want to address other changes, consider covering those in a separate letter.
- Ask that your letter be made part of the official committee record.
- Be brief and respectful.
- Include your full name and address.
- Consider customizing and personalizing the attached template to reflect your thoughts on the matter.
A sample letter can be found athttps://www.aanr-nw.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Letter-Template.docx. (pdf) (rtf)
Need more information?
Mike Parker, AANR Northwest Government Affairs Committee Chair
firstname.lastname@example.org • 503.810.4060
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Hearing
- Proposed Rule Amendments